UK Supply Route
Dean Group are customer and market driven and therefore we offer two supply options to match these requirements: UK manufacturing or low cost outsourcing via our developed supply partners in China.
Our Manchester Casting Foundry Facilitates Production for Customers Looking for:
- Small to medium casting runs
- Short lead times
- A way to manage infrequent order patterns easier
- Fast prototype production
- Domestically made products
- Trial production in the UK and possibility to transfer it to China at a later stage
- Reduced risks caused by emergency situations by having duplicate tools for UK and China production with the same experienced supplier
UK Metal Casting Foundry Capabilities
Our Manchester investment casting foundry has been running since 1972 encompassing the latest manufacturing techniques including automated cells and robotics. Ongoing investments raise the efficiency levels and we continue to modernise the facility to meet increasing demands. The foundry is capable of producing low to medium sized batches of investment castings and technically demanding or specialist work.
The Capabilities & Highlights of Our Manchester Casting Foundry:
- Up to 30 kg investment casting capacity
- Wide choice of alloys: ferrous, non-ferrous, exotic. View all our materials
- Small to medium volume production
- Baseefa and Atex compliant parts
- ISO 9001 approval
- General cast tolerances to ISO 8062-3:2007
- Rapid prototype production
- Pressure testing
- Full traceability
- Heat treatment, machining, and assembly options
- A wide range of finish options including painting, polishing, plating & anodizing.
No matter which supply route is chosen (UK or China), we encourage potential customers to visit our UK foundry, especially those who would like to learn more about the casting process.
Being one of the few metal foundries in Manchester is something we are proud of. Our foundry combines manufacturing, quality, logistics, design, sales and all other supporting functions for our business. It is fully equipped to handle large volumes of castings from China, both in terms of inspection and storage which is used by many of our large customers as we can deliver from stock within days. We also offer die casting services for a variety of metals including aluminium die casting.
We Offer Additional Services Surrounding Our Manufacturing (UK or China):
- Product development with 3D design support
- Rapid prototyping
- Stock holding
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
View our Quality Assurance promise