No Recruitment Agencies Please
Position: Accounts Assistant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Summary: The Company is looking for an accounts assistant to work alongside the Financial Controller to ensure that the company accounts department runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Posting daily bank transactions onto system / reconciling bank accounts.
- Maintaining Creditor accounts, posting invoices, identifying and querying variances from purchase orders on ERP system, being 1st contact for supplier accounts queries.
- Maintaining Debtor accounts, emailing Sales invoices, chasing overdue payments, being 1st contact for customer accounts queries.
- Summarising and posting the credit card analysis on the ERP system.
- Maintaining up to date information on the ERP system.
- Posting of monthly stocktake count on the ERP system.
- Highlight any potential system improvements to increase efficiencies.
- Maintaining up to date user manuals of current best practice, for the accounts department processes.
- Any ad-hoc tasks that arise within the accounts department.
- Requires a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience of using accounts IT systems
- Intermediate level user of Excel / Word
- Good verbal and written skills
- AAT Level 3 qualification or above (preferable)
- Attention to detail
- Good at working with others
- Excellent time management / prioritising skills
- Able to work autonomously and use own initiative
Hours of work: 8am to 4.30pm, Monday to Thursday, 8am to 2pm on Friday
Please forward a current CV to email@example.com