No Recruitment Agencies Please
Career Opportunities & Current Vacancies
At Dean Group we are always striving to provide the highest standard of customer service and high quality castings to our expanding customer base. We look for members of staff who will support our long-term goals for continuous improvement within the company.
Please see below for details of current vacancies.
Area Sales Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a technically competent engineer to work within our small friendly sales team. You will be covering Southern half of UK focusing on the development of new business and development of existing customer relationships.
Based from home, you will:
- Ensure sales targets are met by identifying and establishing new business and
- protecting or growing the current customer base
- Build strong and effective long term relationships with new and existing customer base.
- Following principles of key account management retain, protect and grow established customer base.
- Be able to negotiate contracts, terms and conditions and pricing as per the guidelines provided
- Planning your work and territory in an efficient, methodical effective manner.
- Working with our ERP system, manage and analyse customer enquiries
- Identify new quality prospects to continuously feed the new business development pipeline
- Refine company offering in order to maintain a competitive edge in customer service
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support
You Will Need:
- To be organised, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- To have excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- To be an excellent communicator
- To have an ability to read drawings
- To be a professional, friendly team play who is always “nice person to deal with”
- To have excellent commercial understanding and be ready to use this knowledge
An excellent package is offered commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please apply by sending your CV to Carol Hutchison through the form below:
Established for over 45 years, Dean Group International is a family owned leading manufacturer and supplier of cast and related process parts to industry. Our dynamic team targets and achieves impressive growth. With impressive staff retention, all of our employees are provided with exceptional support in their personal career development.
Due to team expansion we now have a new role of Quality Manager to add to the team in Irlam, Manchester. You will report to our Quality and Technical Director.
You will be responsible for the maintenance of the Quality Management System covering both manufactured and sourced product. You will also be responsible for our trading warehouse ensuring all imported castings are inspected, tested and dispatched on-time to customer.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Ensuring the company’s compliance and continued improvement to ISO 9001.
- Management of writing and controlling all works procedures, specifications, forms and controlled documents.
- Internal auditing of the Quality Management System for both manufactured and sourced product.
- Arrange/conduct supplier audits and compliance to Quality Management System and resolve supplier quality problems with the Quality Assurance and Control teams.
- Process improvement projects.
- Training of employees on Quality Control or Assurance related matters.
- Health & safety risk assessments with the HSE Manager.
- Ensure controlled trading business unit is compliant with company procedures and E,H&S legislation
- Ensure accurate stock management
- Responsible for the recruitment, personal development and performance review of direct team
- Reporting of relevant KPIs
The Successful Candidate
You will need to be driven to achieve deadlines and results. Have excellent people management, communication and interpersonal skills. Be methodical, logical and calm. You will be keen to ensure all tasks and projects reach full and complete completion.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Quality assurance systems experience
- Quality manager experience
- Inspection and machining experience
- Drawing and measurement – read and interpret 2D engineering drawings and have a solid understanding of engineering principles.
- Team leader experience
- 8D problem solving experience – customers, internal and suppliers
- Auditing experience – Customer, internal and suppliers
- Commercial and business awareness
- Understand lean manufacturing principles and demonstrate continuous improvement activity.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience – planning, quality, methods and stock control
- Computer – Immediate excel, word etc.
In return, the Quality Manager can expect:
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Plan
- Friendly working environment
- Great career progression – opportunity to work within a rapidly growing organisation
Don’t miss out! Submit your CV for this Quality Manager position now, and we will be in touch to discuss further.
Q&TM February 2019
Apply Now with your CV | Contact Us